About The Deoriatal Chandrashila Snow Trek:
To be spellbound by the natural splendour of the Garhwal Himalayas, take a snow trek to Deoriatal Chandrashila Snow Trek along with Chopta trek, that offers you the best of trekking in Uttarakhand. Not only will you get a chance to surpass breathtaking pastures laden with snow, anyone can take this trek due to the easy terrains and comfortable trails. The first bit of the trek comprises a walk up to Deoria Tal Lake at 7999 ft surrounded by dense thickets all around. This trail does not comprise of much snow which explains the easy start to the trek. The sight of the lake reflecting the mighty Chaukhamba Peak, located nearby, is a vision worth marvelling at.
The next bit of the trail is the hike up to Chopta peak laden with beautiful blankets of snow in winter. Upon arriving at Chopta peak, marvel at the expanse of snow surrounding the environs. Due to the snow conditions, either camp will be set up or arrangements will be made in some homestays dotting the area. There is also the trek to Tungnath temple at 12074 ft, known to be the highest Shiva shrine in the world. This trail offers magnificent views of Bandarpoonch, Kedar and Chaukhamba peaks. After a 1km long trek from Tungnath is the top of Chandrashila peak at 13123 ft that gives a panoramic visual on the gorgeous valleys and snow-peaked mountains around.
Adding to the serenity of this expedition is the experience of residing in the charming lodges in Kund that overlooks the Mandakini river under the Kedar peak.
Maximum Altitude: 13,123 ft
Temperature: Daytime: 8°C to 15°C; Night time: -5°C to 3°C
Difficulty Level: Moderate
Starting and Ending Point: The trek starts and ends at Haridwar
Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
Base Camp: Kund
Day 1 – Drive from Haridwar – Kund (1350m, 6-7 hour drive of 200km)
Arrive at Haridwar railway station by 7:00 AM from where you can board a vehicle to be driven to Kund the journey of which will traverse along Ganga and Alaknanda rivers towards the Mandakini valley. On the way pass the holy townships of Devprayag and Rudraprayag. When arriving at Kund by evening, take a walk nearby for practice.
Check into a lodge for the night and tuck in for a good sleep for tomorrow your winter trek to Chopta, Deoria Tal and Chandrashila Peak commences.
Day 2 – Hike from Kund – Deoria Tal (2438m, 4-5 hour trek)
After breakfast, set off on a trekking journey from the lodge through cosy hamlets and the temple township of Ukhimath. Cut through the dense thickets thriving with abundant bird species and continue climbing upwards. Upon arriving at Deoria Tal Lake by afternoon, take some time to uncover the gorgeous environs. Settle down here in the comfort of your camps and get a good night’s sleep.
Day 3 – Trek from Deoria Tal – Sari (1900m) – Dugalbitta (2550m)– Chopta (2800m, 2 hour trek)
Begin the day with breakfast and a walk around the gorgeous environs of the place before setting off on a descending trek to Sari.
From here, take a road journey to Dugalbitta where you will start the chopta trek. On this trail, you will even come across mixed forests of oaks and Rhododendrons along with precious looking meadows.
Arrive at the campsite in Chopta by afternoon and spend the rest of the day unearthing the natural treasures of the place as well as the jaw-dropping sunset.
By nightfall, put up your camps here and retire for the night after a hearty dinner.
Day 4 – Trek from Chopta – Tungnath (3680m) – Chandrashila Peak (4000m, 4-5 hour trek), Drive from Chopta – Kund (1 hour drive)
Start off the day by ascending up the slopes of the snow-clad pasturelands. There will be two start timings for the day’s trek with those who are willing to climb up till the top of the Chandrashila peak starting by 5:00 AM and others who only want to hike towards the summit and visit Tungnath temple commencing at 8:00 AM. This day’s trek will be challenging but equally rewarding with wonderful views of the landscapes.
After a couple hours of trekking, reach Tungnath temple where you can seek blessings for the rest of the trip.
Post stacking up on refreshments, resume your trek uphill towards the Chandrashila Peak at 4000m. From the peak, get enchanted by the peaks of Nanda Devi, Trishul, Chaukhamba. Trek down to the base camp at Chopta and the drive up to the lodge where you will greeted with a hot dinner.
Retire here for the night.
Day 5 – Drive from Kund – Haridwar (6-7 hour drive of 200km)
Rise early for a hearty breakfast after which you can depart from Kund and drive about 200 km towards Haridwar. Upon reaching Haridwar, one can continue onwards on their journey back home, your snow trek to Chopta, Deoria Tal and Chandrashila Peak comes to an end.
- Accommodation will be provided in deluxe rooms on a single or double occupancy basis in a lodge at Kund on days 1 and 4. For the rest of the days, tents will be arranged for.
- From dinner on Day 1 to breakfast on Day 5, all meals will be arranged on this magical Deoriatal Chandrashila Snow Trek.
- 6 small meals in the form of snacks and refreshments during coffee or tea breaks will also be provided
- Mountain hardware or similar imported alpine tents
- High Quality Camping equipment (Tents, Dining Tent, Imported Inflatable Mattress, Sleeping bags, Camping stools, mess tent, toilet tent for portable toilet seats)
- First Aid/Medicine kit
- Forest Entry, permits and camping fee
- Staff (cook, guides, helpers, porters)Porter or mule charges for carrying camping equipment and rations
- Service Ta
- Transportation from Haridwar (start) to Haridwar (end) can be availed at an extra cost (choose ‘Adult with Transportation’ while booking the package)
- Vehicles like Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio, Tempo Traveller are used.
- Transportation is also provided by local jeeps and other similar vehicles for short trips between the lodge and the several trekking points.
Things To Carry
- A sturdy backpack (60-70ltr) with a plastic or water-proof lining
- High-ankle waterproof trekking shoes with good grip
- Trekking pole or stick
- Wardrobe essentials like woollen and fleece clothes, Warm high-length woollen socks, rain-proof jackets, sunglasses, waterproof gloves, wind-proof jackets, balaclava or ski helmet or ski mask, poncho or raincoat, thermal innerwear and Down jacket for additional warmth
- Moisturizer, Sun Screen Lotion, Lip Balm
- Personal Medicine Kit
- Torch / Flashlight (with extra batteries)
- Travel in small groups
- Proper waste disposal
- Respect local cultures and be sensitive towards wildlife
- Those suffering from an ailment or heart disease, Diabetes, breathing problems or is pregnant cannot participate in this trek
- Camping and trekking equipment can be available for rent or purchase at an additional cost
- Personal belongings must be carried in a duffel bag, soft shoulder bag or a rucksack. Avoid suitcases, trolleys or any other hard luggageAvoid carrying unnecessary or expensive items such as luxury watches, jewellery and electronic items on the trek
- If you prefer your own sleeping bag you can buy new sleeping bags at good rates from the store
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash
Booking Confirmation Policy
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.