Goechala Trek Highlights
- Behold the sights of Kanchenjunga and other famous peaks cuddling around you
- Thangshing would be waiting for you with multiple prayer flags, chortens, and the beautiful views of the Pandim Peak
- Experience the cuddling features of thick rhododendron forests whereas Dzongri will be offering you the best views of towering peaks in the Himalayas
- Soak in the spectacular landscape while climbing uphill through the moraines at a cliff of 16,200ft
- Learn more the massive peaks that bounds the Goechala Trek with the help of expert guide
Goechala Trek Overview
Available dates : –
May – 1,8,15,22,29
June – 5
September – 18,25
October – 2,9,16,23,30
November – 6,13,20,27
[ Note : If you are a group of 5 or more people then the dates can be customised ]
About GoechaLa Trekking:
Goecha La trek is nestled at a height of 4600m, with a closer look at the third-highest peak-Mt. Kanchenjunga. It is a dream and desire for hundreds of adventure lovers. Bounded by the mesmerizing flora and fauna, which are so vibrant and colorful to cheer up one’s mood. The Goechala trekking is a bundle of big summits, making it an absolute adventure to embark on. The trail link with the famous Kanchenjunga National Park, where one can witness the true nature, enough to revitalize your senses.
To watch the mountains clearly, April and May are the ideal months. Since the sky is completely clear during this time and the sunset-sunrise views can be captured. The winter season would be a bit tough but still, it is considered to be a suitable time to enjoy the snow-clad peaks without restraints.
Starting and Ending point : The trek starts and ends at Yuksom.
Goechala trekking Inclusions :
- 2 Nights Guest House / Homestay accommodation in Yuksom on Quad/Triple Sharing basis.
- 7 Nights Tented accommodation while on trek on triple sharing basis.
- All Veg Meals from 2nd Day Lunch to till 9th Day Lunch while on Trek
- Morning, evening tea/coffee served with light snacks while on trek.
- Trekking Equipment like Sleeping bags, Sleeping Mattress, Sleeping tents, utensils.
- All fees and permits for Indians.
- Dinner on Day 1 and Breakfast on Day 10 is included.
- Basic First Aid Medical kit, Oxygen Cylinder and Oxi Meter.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader and support staff.
Quick Facts about Goechala trekking:
- Goechala trekking duration : 10D/9N
- Goechala Trek height: 15100ft
- Goechala Trek distance: 90 Km
- Goechala Trekking Difficulty Level: Difficult
- Goechala Temperature Range: April – June: 15 to 22 Degrees (Days); -1 to 7 Degrees (Nights), September – Nov: 10 to 15 Degrees (Days); -5 to 5 Degrees (Nights)
- Railway Station: New Jalpaiguri (NJP) is the nearest railway station, which is 150 km away from Yuksom
- Airport: Bagdogra Airport which is 155 km from Yuksom
- Base Camp: Yuksom (6-7 Hrs drive from Bagdogra Airport/NJP)
- ATM: Jorethong which is one the way Yuksom that’s the last ATM point before your trek begins.
More Details about Goechala Trek
Know Before You Go for Goechala Trek
- Porters or helpers to carry Central Equipment’s
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the tour leaders or instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound experience.
- Do not consume alcohol or any other intoxicants during the tour.
- Avoid roaming during the nights.
- Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the tour.
- The tour takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- Transportation to and fro from NJP Railway Station or Bagdogra Airport is available on request on additional charges.
Things To Carry for Goechala Trek
- Warm clothes
- Oxygen can (6 litres)
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Day pack (20-30l)
- Water bottle
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Mosquito & insect repellent