Auli Trek Overview
Auli, nestled in the blessed Joshimath town, clustered in the Uttarakhand Himalayas, this hamlet is one of the popular spots for skiing and several Auli Trek trails. The landscape is blessed with glittering skiing slopes, salubrious weather, glossy green shrubs, scintillating views of Mount Dunagiri, Kamet, Ghori Parvat, and the colossal Nanda Devi.
If you have made up your mind for Auli trekking then you can choose to trek up to Joshimath, from Auli or choose the smaller trail routes. The Auli winter trek lets you relish the striking drive through the winding Devprayag’s roads, enjoy the cable car ride here, and witness the beautiful meadows of Gorson and Auli. You also get to walk through the dense rhododendron and oak forest besides enjoying a hearty interaction with the locals and observing their uncomplicated lifestyle.
About Auli Trek:
You begin your Auli Trekking Expedition on a spiritual note as you drive through the holy towns of Haridwar, Rishikesh and along the Ganges. The experience includes sauntering off for a trek to the charming Parsari Village, ambling through the apple orchards, getting a glimpse of the Nanda Devi, making way along snow covered meadows with great Himalayas ahead of you, and unravelling the hot springs at Tapovan.
Temperature Range: Temperature varies from 12 to 17°C, 0 to 5°C, and -5 to 0°C. Please keep in mind that this information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes.
Auli Trek Itinerary
Day 1 – Haridwar – Auli (2450 m) (Drive – 280 km/8-9 hrs)
On the first day, transfer from Haridwar to Auli.
Savour the charming drive through the holy towns of Haridwar and Rishikesh and four of Panchprayags of Deoprayag, Rudraparayag, Karnprayag and Nandprayag.
The route takes you along the Ganges and Alaknanda.
Reach the lodge by evening and check-in.
Take in the great views of the Alaknanda Valley and the stunning Himalayan snow-clad peaks.
If time permits, you can amble through the apple orchards or unwind at the lodge itself.
Spend overnight at the lodge, your Auli and Gurson snow trek begins tomorrow.
Day 2 – Auli – Parsari (3000 m) – ITBP – Auli (Trek/4-5 hrs)
Dig into breakfast at the lodge and saunter off for a trek to charming Parsari Village and ITBP.
Proceed with the trek and reach Auli sometime during the afternoon.
Along the way lap up great sights of Himalayan giants that comprise Nanda Devi (India’s second-highest peak), ski slopes of Auli, the Joshimath town and the Alaknanda Valley with the mesmeric Alaknanda River making way through it.
Come evening and simply unwind at the lodge.
Day 3 – Auli – Gurson meadows (3350m)–Auli (Trek /5-6hrs)
This refreshing day, drive to Auli where the fun of cable car awaits.
The ropeway opens up great sights and experience of the place.
Reach the top-most level through the cable car from where you commence your trek to Gurson top.
Delight in making way along snow-covered meadows with the great Himalayas ahead of you.
Reach Gurson top, a vantage point where you can feast your eyes on the great Nanda Devi.
Enjoy some moments at this charming spot and head back towards the lodge sometime in the afternoon.
Relax once you reach there. Overnight will be spent in the lodge.
Day 4 – Auli – Dhak Village – Khulara – Dhak Village -Auli (Trek/7-8 hrs)
Indulge in breakfast and drive to Dhak Village.
Once here, trek towards Khulara.
The trail will take you to the charming Himalayan settlements.
Pass beyond the village of Karchi and arrive at the meadows above the village.
Come afternoon and trek back to Dhak Village and hop on to your vehicle.
Unravel the hot springs at Tapovan and later drive back to the lodge.
Overnight will be spent at the lodge.
Day 5 – Auli – Haridwar (Drive – 280 km/8-9 hrs)
Post breakfast drive down to Haridwar.Your Gurson and Auli Trekking Expedition ends here.
- Stay at a lodge, camp, etc.
- All places are regularly sanitized
- All meals starting from dinner on the Day 1 till breakfast on Day 5 (4 dinners, 4 breakfasts and 3 lunches)
- Tea/coffee is provided in the morning & evening
- The importance is given to nutritional needs on the trip and a menu of vegetarian/non-vegetarian dishes are prepared accordingly
- Charges of 2 guides for the group (maximum 12 trekkers so 1 guide for 6 group members for all activities)
- First aid kit
- Service Tax
- Transportation from Haridwar (start) to Haridwar (end) can be availed at an extra cost
- Only quality vehicles are used such as Toyota Innova, Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio, Tempo Traveller, etc. and no local jeeps or similar vehicles are used except where there are short transfers from the lodge to the trek points, etc. The transport tariff includes all driver charges, fuel, parking, toll and taxes.
Things To Carry
- Thrillophilia voucher (can present mobile voucher)
- Valid ID proof for each member
- Fleece jacket
- Balaclava and Buff
- Gloves, warm socks (with extra pars)
- Water and windproof trousers and jackets
- Thermal upper and lower (3 pairs)
- Boots, camp shoes/sport sandal
- Hand towel
- Waterproof sack cover
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medications
- Two 1 ltr water bottles (preferably thermos flasks)
- Torch with extra batteries
- Body moisturiser, lip balm
- Body powder/anti-Fungal (feet and body)
- Sunscreen lotion, sun cap, sunglasses
- Head torch with extra batteries
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products is prohibited during this trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed.
- Social distancing to be maintained.
- Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Avoid uncomfortable clothing during the activities (like sarees, etc.).
- Carrying jewellery or other valuables is not advisable.
Auli Trek: Cancellation Policy
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
Auli Trek: Refund Policy
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash
Auli Trek: Booking Confirmation Policy
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.