Bhrigu Lake Trek Highlights
- Trek to an altitude of 14,100 ft and bless your eyes with the stunning views of Seven Sister peaks and lush green meadows
- Grasp the breathtaking views of Bhrigu Lake – a high altitude glacial lake with panoramic view of the snow-capped mountains
- Sit around a warm bonfire session in the evening and enjoy a fun chat session amidst the bountiful nature
- Share the comfortable tents with your squad and grab scrumptious meals during the Bhrigu Lake Trek.
Bhrigu Lake Trek Overview
About the Bhrigu Lake:
Bhrigu Lake is a high-altitude glacial lake, perched at a height of 14,100 ft, thus catering to a perfect place for some mind-blowing adventure and thrills. Bhrigu Lake Trek in Manali is one of the most captivating short treks in the Himalayas and it greets you to witness high altitude alpine lake, the verdant meadows, and everything that your heart has yearned for.
The mesmerizing lake has its own majestic beauty as it changes its colours with each passing season. In late summer, it changes its color to emerald green and in summers it turns its beauty to blue which is a fascinating sight for the eyes to behold.
This 4-day trek takes you through unparalleled breathtaking views of Seven Sister Peaks, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Hanuman Tibba, the outstretched Pir Panjal ranges which will soothe your senses and make you content with unbounded natural beauty.
About the Bhrigu Lake Trek experience:
- The trek starts at an altitude of 8,530 ft. at Gulaba
- Soak in the views of Seven Sister peaks, Deo Tibba, Indrasan, Hanuman Tibba, the outstretched Pir Panjal ranges, fascinating green lush meadows, the scenic vistas of the region, which are altogether superbly captivating and makes the trekking experience overwhelming.
- For complete safety and guidance throughout the trek, you will be accompanied by a highly experienced trek guide and support staff with all the forest permits.
- Stay in high-quality and comfortable alpine/dome tents on a double/triple/quad sharing basis. All tents come with necessary amenities along with utmost hygienic standards.
- Delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner are included in the package so that you remain energetic throughout the trek. While here, do not miss out on trying a few local pahadi dishes.
Quick facts for Bhrigu Trek:
- Bhrigu LakeTrek distance: 26 km
- Maximum Altitude:14,000 ft
- Trekking Gradient: Steep ascent throughout the trail
- Bhrigu Lake Trek Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Start Point/End Point of Trip: Old Manali
Start Time/End Time: The trek starts at 10:00 AM (Day 1) and ends around 2:00 PM (Day 4).
How to Reach:
The starting point of the trek is in Old Manali that is the base camp. Many local means of transport and private cabs are available from Mall Road to reach Old Manali. The nearest airport is Bhuntar Airport about 50 km away from the starting point.
More Details about Bhrigu Lake Trek
Know Before You Go for Bhrigu Lake Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travellers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitisation and use of mask recommended.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Electricity will be available at the Manali campsite. However, there will be no electricity at the campsite on the trek.
- Manali is the last point where you will get ATM. Please carry sufficient cash with you during the trekking session.
- Base camp is around 2 km from Mall Road of Manali.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for Bhrigu trek.
Things To Carry for Bhrigu Lake Trek
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Extra pair of socks
- Thermal inners
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf