Stok Kangri Trek Highlights
- Experience the thrill of walking on the ridgeline for about two hours to reach the summit
- Channel your inner strength as you brave sub-zero temperatures on the summit day
- Trek through Mankorma with its flat terrains that’ll be a pretty contrast to the slopes of Chang Ma.
- Spend nights under the blanket of millions of twinkling stars and the milky way
Stok Kangri Trek Overview
Start point/Endpoint: Leh
Total Trek Distance: 40 km
Maximum Altitude: 20,100 ft.
Temperature: The temperature varies from -20 to 10 degrees. Please keep in mind that the above information is not exact and does not account for sudden changes.
Available Group Departures:
August: 3, 4, 10, 19, 24, 31
Why Stok Kangri Trek?
The pathways to Stok Kangri Peak, located at a height of about 20,100 feet, takes you through multiple thrilling sights including the lofty mountains in the Himalayas and it is a dreamlike destination for all adventure admirers. The deserted surroundings and the trails with plenty of ridges contribute a lot to make the entire region look amazing. From the summit, you will see the whole of Zanskar and the Indus Valley very clearly.
It gained popularity very recently due to the adventure and tremendous excitement it imposes to each trekker who comes its way. It is considered to be one of the most fascinating places in India and Ladakh is the parent of this high peak.
About the Stok Kangri Trek:
- The trek starts with a walk to Stok Village firstly which will surely present before you the best sights of the village life.
- Chang Ma being the destination for the start day of the trek to Stok Kangri, would be giving you the proper welcome to get enthralled by the nourished scenery.
- The whole trek passes through the barren grey landscape of Ladakh. Mankhorma, the Base Camp and the training days are the next targets on the expedition.
- After going through numerous green filled patches and chilling water bodies, you will reach Stok Kangri.
- The route will take you through multiple glaciers and steep slopes until you reach the summit ridge.
- You will be trekking on an average of 9-12 hours every day for fulfilling the dream trek to Stok Kangri.
- After completing the trek, you will be returning through the same route and reach Leh and wind up the exotic expedition with plenty of good memories.
Other Quick Facts:
Nearest Airport: Kushok Bakula Rimpochee Airport, Leh
Base Camp: Leh
ATM: Last ATM is in Leh
More Details about Stok Kangri Trek
Know Before You Go for Stok Kangri Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask is recommended.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Please carry a valid ID proof.
- The exact location of the the starting point of the trek will be shared post booking.
Things To Carry for Stok Kangri Trek
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf