Places To Visit In Pauri Garhwal
Decorated within the uninterrupted stretches of the Himalayas, the town of Pauri nestles at a height of 1814 m on the northern highlands of Kandoliya. Often referred to as Garhwal, Pauri is that the headquarters of the Garhwal division in Uttarakhand, and there are many places to go to in Pauri that you simply can explore. This beautiful hill station is surrounded by lush forests, sparkling waterfalls, spiritual sites, and therefore the benevolent snowy mountains. Not only its virgin beauty but the stunning view of sunsets enchants tourists with its exquisite blending of colors that constantly overshadow the touch of vibrant orange.
Are you planning a refreshing vacation to Pauri and searching for the simplest experiences? Pauri is surrounded by numerous delightful sites that are known for offering the simplest vacay far away from the hustle-bustle of the town life. Particularly appreciated for its natural exclusiveness, Pauri may be a treasure land of lovely places that permit visitors to enjoy its pictorial excellence. Here may be a list of the most selected places to go to in Pauri Garhwal.
1. Chaukhamba Viewpoint: Perfect View Of Gangotri Glaciers
Famous for its scenic perfection of fairy Idwal valley, Chaukhamba Viewpoint lets the visitor witness the greatness of Gangotri Glaciers which is that the origin of the holy river Ganga. This viewpoint is merely 4km far away from Pauri and covered by a dense woodland of oak and rhododendron. this is often one of the foremost popular Pauri tourist places.
- Best time to visit: Year-round
- Ideal for: Picnic, photography, trekking, pilgrimage, camping
- Must-visit places near Chaukhamba: Tungnath, Badrinath Temple, Sahastradhara, Valley of Flowers National Park, Madhyamaheshwar, Gorson ViewPoint
2. Kandoliya: Panoramic Sights
One of the simplest places to go to in Pauri, Kandoliya is encompassed by a striking panorama that comes with Gangwar Sun Valley and exalted Himalayan Peak. The temples of Kandoliya is devoted to the worship of Lord Shiva and Bhumi Devtas. Not just for holy significance, but Kandoliya is additionally documented for its Ransi Stadium that has been recognized as Asia’s highest stadium.
- Best time to visit: Throughout the year
- Ideal for: Pilgrimage, picnic, exploring temples, photography
- Must-visit places near Kandoliya: Nag Dev Temple, Bhulla Tal, The Beatles Ashram, Ransi Stadium, Satpuli, Jwalpa Devi Temple, Kyunkaleshwar Mahadev Temple
3. Khirsu: Lovely Surroundings
One of the simplest sightseeing places in Pauri, Khirsu maybe a tranquil highland village that’s covered with dense greenery and farms. The place sits at an altitude of 1800 meters above ocean level and features exhilarating lovely surroundings that are perfect for spending a cushy holiday in absolute isolation. The magnificent temple of Ghandiyal Devi is one of the foremost popular regional attractions here. this is often one of the foremost beautiful Pauri tourist places.
- Best time to visit: Summers and Winters
- Ideal for: Exploring temples, enjoying scenic marvels, photography, pilgrimage
- Must-visit places near Khirsu: Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, Jwalpa Devi Temple, Dhari Devi Temple, Rudraprayag, Adwani, Devprayag
Lansdowne is one of the quietest and unspoiled hill stations in India and has been a popular destination since Britishers came to India. Encircled by the dense oak and blue pine forests, Lansdowne seems like an old painting. Located distant from the maddening crowd of the cities, Lansdowne is a perfect retreat for the vacation makers.
Lansdowne is unlike other hill stations because it is well connected with motorable roads but remote in its own way. it’s situated at an altitude of 1780 mts above water level surrounded by thick oak and blue pine forests within the Pauri Garhwal district of Uttarakhand state.
5. Rajaji National Park
Ranged over 820.42 sq. km. of area, Rajaji park is one among the foremost wonderful wild reserves in the Pauri Garhwal region. This park is positioned during a passing territory between western Himalaya and middle Himalaya. The geographical location increases the species heterogeneity of the land. aside from its panoramic forecast, is an ultimate adventure square for nature enthusiasts who wish to experience the important wildlife.
- Best time to visit: From mid-November to Mid-June
- Ideal for: Jungle safari, elephant ride, river-rafting, birdwatching
- Must-visit places nearby: Lakshman Jhula, Har Ki Pauri Ghat, Neelkanth Mahadev Temple, Shri Mata Mansa Devi Mandir, and Chandi Devi Temple.
6. Darwan Singh Regimental Museum: Rare Collections
Positioned within the center of the Pauri Garhwal Region, Darwan Singh Regimental Museum is additionally recognized because of the Garhwali Museum. The museum is devoted to the Memoir of Garhwal Rifles of the Indian Army. Founded within the year 1983, the museum was entitled after the name of Darwan Singh Negi who was the primary Victoria Cross Holder from Garhwal Rifles. The museum has the rarest collection of Garhwali ammunition like guns, rifles, and cannons. The Museum also showcases raw photographs and reports that justify the lingering honor of the state.
- Timings: 9 AM – 5:30 PM
- Ideal for: Education, excursion, reviewing the history
- Must-visit places nearby: Army Museum, Bhulla Tal, St. Mary’s Church, Tip In Top Point, Bheem Pakora
7. Kyunkaleshwar Mahadev Temple
Built during the 8th Century, Kyunkaleshwar Mahadev Temple is devoted to the worship of Lord Shiva alongside Maa Parvati, Karthikeya, and Ganesha. This ancient temple is situated within the outskirts area of the Pauri Town and it had been founded by Adi Guru Shankaracharya. This Hindu Pilgrimage pantheon is charmed with a celestial view of the snow-covered Himalayan peaks.
- Must-visit places nearby: Tarkeshwar Mahadev, Shri Neelkanth Mahadev Mandir, and Koteshwar Mahadev Temple
8. Kaleshwar Temple
One of the oldest Shiva temples in the Pauri Garhwal Region, Kaleshwar Temple resides near Lansdowne city. The temple has derived its name from Sage Kalun who practiced meditation here. For the believers of Lord Shiva, is one among the foremost sacred places to go to in Pauri Uttarakhand. aside from holy significance, the encompassing of the temple is identified by the sweetness of mother nature. Tombs of various sages are built on the outside perimeter of the temple.
- Ideal for: Pilgrimage and trekking
- Must-visit places nearby: Bhulla Tal, St. Mary’s Church, Garhwali Museum, Tip In Top Point, Tiffin, Santoshi Mata Mandir, St. John’s Church
9. Swarg Ashram
A beautiful dormitory stop within the Pauri Garhwal region, surrounded by the brilliant scenic great thing about lush greenery and peaks of the Himalayan range. This beautiful ashram accommodates near the holy river Ganga. This beautiful temple lets the visitor rest in a tranquil environment far away from the hustle-bustle of materialistic city life.
- Best time to visit: 6 AM – 8 PM
- Ideal for: Resting, yoga, photography
- Must-visit places nearby: Ramjhula, Beatles Ashram, Gita Bhawan, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi’s Ashram
10. Ramganga Dam: Birdwatcher’s Delight
Positioned within the foundations of Corbett park, the Ramganga Dam, also recognized because the Kalagarh Dam greets thousands of travelers. The dam is crowded with various sorts of birds that present it as an appropriate place for birdwatching. Wildlife fans who trek to the park to forbear amazing experiences while discovering the wildness of nature. An unusual truth about the dam is that its formation stretched for 13 longspun years before it ultimately began its services.
- Ideal for: Photography
- Must-visit places nearby: Lansdowne, Bhulla lake, Corbett Falls, Centenary Falls
11. Tara Kund: Scenic Beauty
Situated at an elevation of 2250 km from the ocean level, Tara Kund may be a tourist attraction within the Pauri Garhwal Region. The place is aptly decorated with nature’s greenery and fresh still water bodies. The place has several Hindu temples which make it a pilgrim center for the devotees. The place is additionally suitable for picnics with families, friends and even for a solo trip. Travelers mostly indulge themselves in various recreational activities like trekking and boating. Tara Kund is one of the spectacular places to go to in Pauri Garhwal.
- Timings: 8 AM – 6 PM
- Ideal for: Trekking, photography, pilgrimage
- Must visit Places nearby: Advani, Kanvashram, Ramganga Dam, Ransi Stadium and Satpuli
12. Nag Dev Temple
Nag Dev Temple is another interesting temple to go to in Pauri. The temple is devoted to the serpent God Nag and is popular among locals, the temple experiences visitors throughout the year. The temple is found amid the dense forest and various adventure enthusiasts take this exciting trek of 1.5 kilometers to succeed here.
- Best time to visit: Throughout the year
- Ideal for: Pilgrimage, exploring temples, photography
- Must-visit places near Nag Dev Temple: Sita Mata Temple, Adwani, Lakshman Temple
13. Adwani: Refreshing Getaway
Adwani maybe a tranquil hamlet nestled amid lush green valleys and is actually a paradise for nature lovers. it’s located at a distance of nearly 17 kilometers from Pauri and serves as a perfect destination for those that are trying to find a leisurely vacay while admiring the mystic great thing about the Garhwal region.
- Best time to visit: September to March
- Ideal for: Romantic holiday, leisurely vacation
- Must-visit places near Adwani: Buda Bharsaar Temple, Nag Dev Temple, Chaukhamba