Rupin Pass Trek Highlights
- Gaze upon at the pictorial view of the Kailash Peak right in front of you while trekking at an altitude of 15,250 Ft
- Trek amidst rhododendron woodlands and fields and spend some time admiring the beauty of nature
- Pass through some small hamlets and get a fine whiff of their local culture and lives
- Come across the lovely waterfalls and the famous hanging village at Jhaka Village
- Get a chance to witness the rare flora and fauna of this region as you continue your trek
Rupin Pass Trek Overview
Sep: 21, Oct: 5,12
The Pass is perched at 4600m in the surreal Himalayan mountain range of Himachal Pradesh. It is situated on the traditional shepherd and hiking route which offers a tremendous view of high ranges. The trek is surrounded by the small hamlets which give the reason to explore its local culture beauty. The cascading waterfall and the beautiful hanging village are all set to astound during the trek. The snow bridges are something incredible to cross and offer some of the majestic views of the region with the snow-capped mountains and the verdant valleys. Rupin Pass trek can be difficult at times but once you witness the beauty of the place you will just fall in love with it. Throughout, you will be greeted with stunning scenery such as cascades, verdant meadows, snow-kissed mountains, charming hamlets, and big rivers.
About the trekking experience-
- Embark your trek from Mori, through the pine woodland, and head towards the Netwar.
- You will be trekking in the rhododendron woodlands, to arrive at Sewa.
- Get a chance to witness the cascading waterfalls and streams through the trek.
- Feast your eyes as you see the thousands of waterfalls flowing down through such a height that it appears as they are falling straight from the sky.
- Get a chance to witness the local culture and discover some hamlets while trekking in the snowy ridges of the Dhauladhar range.
- Enjoy camping near the cascading water and the clear night sky under the billions of stars. Also, enjoy a small bonfire with your friends.
- Travel by a river and climb through the jungle to reach Rupin valley, and witness the rupin waterfall on the fourth day of your trek.
- You will head towards the waterfall camping where you’ll be having an overnight stay.
- The next day will be an exciting one, as you will be witnessing the beautiful Kinner Kailash range. It will be a 4-6hours trek and then you’ll be arriving at Ronti Gad.
- You have to climb towards the Sangla and will come across the Baspa River which is the center point of an astounding valley.
Temperature: Day: 13°C to 18°C and Night: 0°C to 7°CRupin Pass Trekking Distance: 52 kmMaximum Altitude: 15,250 Ft.
Rupin Pass Trek Difficulty Level: Moderate-Difficult
Railway Station: Dehradun is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
Base Camp: Dhaula
ATM: Purola which is on the way to Dhaula has the last ATM point before your trek begins.
More Details about Rupin Pass Trek
Know Before You Go for Rupin Pass Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- Pay heed to the guidelines given by trek leader or instructor in order to enjoy a safe and sound trekking experience.
- Consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicating products are prohibited during this trek.
- Avoid trekking during the nights.
- Consult with a physician if you are fit to undertake the trek.
- The trek takes place through eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites.
Things To Carry for Rupin Pass Trek
- Warm clothes
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Water bottle
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Led torch (with extra batteries)