Trip Starting From: Haridwar
Trip Location: Haridwar
About the Activity:
- Embark on a relishing trekking trip to Pangarchulla in Uttarkashi, located amidst the magnificent and towering Himalayan Peaks.
- This trek is for 6 days starting from Haridwar and the base camp located at Joshimath.
- You will be trekking through the challenging steeps and meadows throughout to reach the wondrous Pangarchulla Peak Summit. You will be astonished to view the surroundings from a height of about 14700 feet above sea level.
- It is a moderate yet difficult trek offering some of the best moments an adventure lover can expect.
- This package includes food, accommodation in tents and guesthouses, all the transportation from Haridwar to Joshimath and return.
How to reach:
- By Air :-
- Jolly Grant Airport is the airport serving Dehradun, located about 48 km from the Haridwar. There is a daily flight from Delhi for Dehradun.
- By Train :-
- From Delhi -DDN NZM AC EXPRESS (2205)
- From Kolkata- Doon Express (13009)
- From Mumbai- Dehradun Express (19019)
- From Chennai- Dehardun express (12687)
- By Road :-
- By road, Haridwar is well connected with major destinations of the country.
- NH72 connects Haridwar to Nahan (125 km) to the north-west, and thereon to Panchkula,
- Chandigarh and Shimla.
- NH 72 terminates at Dehardun, which is at 54km from Haridwar.
- Haridwar is located at a distance of 235 km from Delhi.
- NH72A links Haridwar to NH58 at Roorkee (35 km) and thereon south to Meerut (170 km) and Delhi (235 km).
- There is regular bus service from Delhi for Haridwar from Delhi's ISBT Kashmere Gate
Brief itinerary is as follows:
- Day 1. Drive from Haridwar to Joshimath/256kms/6724ft.
- Day 2. Joshimth To Dhak To Gulling Top / 12kms+5km/96500ft.
- Day 3. Gulling Top To Khulara/ 6km/11,122ft
- Day 4. Khullara to Pangarchulla Peak Summit and back to Khullara/12km/14,700ft
- Day 5. Khullara to Joshimath /11km+12km/6724ft
- Day 6. Joshimath to Haridwar /256km
Day 1 - Haridwar to Joshimath
Altitude: Joshimath 6724 ft
Drive to Joshimath 256 km
You will be picked from Haridwar at 6:30 am in a Tata Sumo or a similar vehicle.
Expected arrival time at Joshimath – 5:00 pm (evening tea, briefing of the trek and dinner)
Accommodation in guest house. Relax for the night.
*Haridwar to Rishikesh (best place for white water rafting)
*Rishikesh to Devprayag (confluence of Bhagirathi river and Alaknanda river)
*Devprayag to Srinagar
*Srinagar to Rudrapryag (confluence of Mandakini river and Alaknanda river)
*Rudrapryag to Karnprayag (confluence of Pindar river and Alaknanda river)
Day 2 - Joshimath to Dhak to Gulling Top
Altitude: 9600 ft
Distance 12 km drive and 5 km trek.
Prepare yourself to indulge in a trekking trip to Gulling Top crossing Dhak Village, Tugasi Village etc.
*Joshimath to Dhak village (6790 ft) (12 km drive)
*Dhak village to Tugasi village (8040 ft) (3 km trek)
*Tugasi village to Gulling village (8990 ft) (2 km trek)
*Gulling village to Gulling top camp site (9600 ft) (0.5 km Trek)
Have lunch at your campsite and explore the location well.
Stay overnight in the tents.
Peaks:- Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
Day 3 - Gulling Top to Khulara
Altitude: 11,122 ft
Distance : 6 Km
Get ready to conquer the steep ascent through Oak, Rhododendron (mostly pink and white), Walnut forest on your journey to Khulara.
Have lunch at your campsite and stay overnight in tents.
Peaks :- Nanda Devi, Kalanka, Chang bang, Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat
Day 4 - Khulara to Pangarchula Peak Summit and back to Khulara
Today is the challenging trek comes.
On the way to Pangarchulla, you will have to climb a steep for first 45 minutes and from then onward, the route will go through meadows.
If you start early by 04:00 am only, you can reach the destination by 10:30 am.
Altitude: 14,700 ft
Distance 12 km
Peaks: Nanda Ghunti, Trishul, Nanda Devi, Kalanka, Chang bang, Dronagri, Hathi Parvat, Gori Parvat, Mana, Kamet, Abl Gamin, Neelkanth, Chaukhamba massifs and many more.
Return to Khulara after exploring Pangarchulla Peak.
Day 5 - Khulara - Joshimath
Distance 11 km trek and 12 km drive
Khulara to Dhak village 11 km trek
Dhak village to Joshimath 12 km drive
Post breakfast at Khulara camp site, start your journey to Joshimath and have lunch on the way.
Reach Joshimath by late afternoon.
Have an evening tea, a debriefing session followed by dinner.
Day 6 - :Joshimath to Haridwar
Start early morning to go to Haridwar by car.
Drive to Haridwar 256 km
Note: On Day 6, you’ll reach Haridwar between 6 pm and 7 pm. You can book your travel any time after 8 pm.
The tour concludes here.
- Accommodation in tents/homestay/guest house/lodges/dormitory on share basis during trekking as per itinerary
- All meals (during trek/base camp to base camp)
- Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Tea/Snacks and Dinner
- Permits and entrance fees
- All camping gear including tents and sleeping mattress, Liner, Kitchen tent, Dining tent and toilet tent
- Experienced Hindi/ English guide, cooks and porters, mules
- First aid box
- Insurance of the staff
- All transfers in shared/non-ac taxi( pick up points to drop points) Haridwar to Joshimath and Joshimath to Haridwar
Things To Carry
- Trekking pole
- 3 pair of trekking pants
- 3 pair of cotton t-shirts
- 3 pair of woollen full sleeves t-shirts
- Head cover
- Trekking shoes
- Identity proof
- The fixed departure dates are applicable to a group of 6 people (minimum), both male and female.
- If you are group of 6 or more or less and don’t find a suitable date, kindly contact the organizers in advance.
- You are advised to keep a buffer day in hand to avoid inconvenience caused due to unpredictable weather conditions in high altitude regions.
- This activity can be availed as a private or group tour
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of total tour cost will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain trips or activities may get cancelled. In such cases operator will try their best to provide an alternate feasible. However a cash refund will not be applicable for the same.
- Cancellations are strictly subjected to cancellation policies mentioned on the website & are irrespective of the date of booking.
- The applicable refund amount will be processed within 10 business days
- All applicable refunds will be done in traveller’s thrillophilia wallet as Thrillcash
Booking Confirmation Policy
- The customer receives a confirmation voucher via email within 24 hours of successful booking
- In case the preferred slots are unavailable, an alternate schedule of the customer’s preference will be arranged and a new confirmation voucher will be sent via email.
- Alternatively, the customer may choose to cancel their booking before confirmation and a full refund will be processed.