Har Ki Dun Trek Highlights
- Trek to an altitude of 11,675 ft. and grab the thrilling experience by discovering some of the majestic views of nature
- Witness the beauty of the dense alpine forest and panoramic view of mountains
- This trek will take you through some of the most unknown and unexplored parts of Gharwal Himalayas
- Explore the Swargarohini the snow peak which is said to bears bequest of the mythical stairway to heaven
- Pass through the small streams and witness the grazing grounds of the horses and cows
- Known as Valley Of Gods, the trek route is believed to be taken by Pandavas in The Mahabharat
- Experince the oldest trek route of the Himalayas and witness the Beautiful ancient culture, mountain views, forests, grasslands, meadows, rivers, streams and even an alpine lake
Har Ki Dun Trek Overview
About Har ki Dun Trek -
Nestled cozily on the hinges of the Gharwal Himalayas, Har ki dun trek is one of the most popular treks among a lot of trekkers and nature enthusiasts. This exhilarating trek is also known as a hanging valley because of its cradle-shaped mountains. It is also known as the winter-wonderland as in winter the trails are totally covered with snow and the sun throw its rays within the clouds. The trek to Har ki Dun is embraced with soothing sights of deodar trees that will definitely enchant your soul with the pine smell.
Har Ki Dun Trekking Quick facts:
Maximum altitude: 11,675 ft
Trek difficulty: Easy to Moderate
Approx trekking distance: 47 KM
Temperature: 10℃ to 15℃ during the day and 2℃ to 5℃ during the night
Best Time to Travel: April to june and September to November
ATM: Purola has the last ATM before your trek begins
Start/End point of the trek: Sankri Village
How to Reach Dehradun :-
The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport. It is well connected with all major airports via Delhi. The flights from Delhi are at regular intervals. The distance between Dehradun and Jolly Grant Airport is 26 km, so from there you can board on the government/private bus, or you can hire a private tourist cab. It will hardly take one hour to reach Dehradun.
Take the overnight Train from Delhi to Dehradun :-
- Nandadevi Express
- Dehradun Express
This is the best option to reach Dehradun. If you plan to reach Delhi, you can board the bus from ISBT or Majnu ka Tilla Bus Stand. The distance between Delhi and Kasol is 247 Km, and it will take 5-6 hrs so by the overnight journey you will reach Kasol in the morning.
Har Ki Dun Trekking Inclusions :-
1. Accommodation – You will be staying in a Guest house/camps in Sankri and in camp on the remaining days of the trek (3 people/tent). Room/tent is separate for the male and female participants.
2. Meals – (Breakfast, lunch, snacks, and dinner). We provide simple, nutritious veg/Jain food on all days of the trek
3. Trekking equipment – High-quality tents and sleeping bags in all the camps. Sleeping bags can withstand temperatures as low as -10 ºC.
4. Safety equipment – First aid kit, oxygen cylinders, oximeter, etc. will be with guide/trek leader and at the campsite as well to deal with emergencies.
5. Expert trek Leaders – All our trek leaders are at least qualified in basic/advanced mountaineering and first aid course.
6. Expert Trek support team – The mountain staff on this trek consists of certified guides, cooks, helpers, and porters.
Group Departure Dates :-
May :- 1,8,15,22,29
June :- 5,12,19,26
September :- 4,11,18,25
[ Note: If you are a group of 4 or more people then the dates can be customized]
More Details about Har Ki Dun Trek
Know Before You Go for Har Ki Dun Trek
- he management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- In case, the trek needs to be cancelled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government is to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Porter & mule support to carry camping equipment. Please note that personal luggage can be carried by mules and/or porters on chargeable basis
- Children below the age of 9 years are not recommended for this trek.
Things To Carry for Har Ki Dun Trek
- Head torch
- Toilet paper & wipes
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Woollen cap, socks, mittens & scarf