Leh Ladakh Bike Trip 2021
Every biker, regardless of gender, dreams of happening a Leh Ladakh bike trip once in their lifetime. While they dream of a flawless journey, the truth does inherit contact with tons of shortcomings. Having understood that bikers are sure to encounter a couple of barriers on a rugged landscape like that of Leh and Ladakh, we’ve put in our greatest efforts to collate every information during this blog which will help them encounter any such difficulties on the way.
About Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
The old saying “there’s beauty everywhere, all you’ve got to try to do is simply look around” is faithful to the core when it involves the mesmerizing Leh Ladakh travel. Offering scenic vistas of 1 of the visit to Leh Ladakh India is all about the texture of snow-clad mountains, rugged landscape, soaring peaks, dangerous routes, and roaring bike engines. In short, happening a Ladakh bike tour is all about the great vibes and therefore the undying spirit of a rider.
Best Time To Visit Leh Ladakh On A Bike Trip
The best time to travel on a motorcycle trip to Leh Ladakh is from the months of June to September. These months enable the bikers to enjoy the tourist circuits of Ladakh, the maximum amount as they enjoy their Lahaul & Spiti trip. However, most of the riders like to kick-start their New Year with this crazy bike trip as Leh Ladakh offers magical vistas which may be cherished around the year apart from monsoon season.
Ideal Duration For A Bike Trip
Depending on tons of things just like the route you’ve taken, your entire schedule, and mainly the weather, a perfect duration for a Leh Ladakh bike tour would span over a period of 15 days or more. Also, this duration is apt when one opts for Manali to Leh bike trip from Delhi.
Leh Ladakh Trip Cost
First things first, you ought to find out your budget. tons depends on the vehicle you’re selecting for your journey and therefore the Leh Ladakh road trip cost would also vary on the accommodation and type of food you select to eat. Still, a mean budget is often arrived upon considering basic factors like accommodation, meals, and fuel. Hence, under normal circumstances, you’ll find yourself spending approximately INR 35,000 for a visit to Leh Ladakh on the bike for 15-days. Your cost also will vary consistent with your Leh Ladakh bike trip route. This also includes the value of permits and miscellaneous expenses for the Leh Ladakh bike trip.
Best Bikes For Leh Ladakh Road Trip
Talking about the primary things first, every biker must give his or her total attention to their old flame, which is their bike. One must be very careful and picky when it involves choosing their Leh Ladakh road trip bike. So whenever you’re choosing a motorcycle for any road trip, confirm you choose suitability quite popularity. Consider it one of the foremost vital aspects of your Leh Ladakh bike trip plan!
Opting for the type of bikes that one can easily handle and are easy to take care of, has always proven to be safe, and helpful for the riders for journeys like the Leh Ladakh bike trip. Hence, the five best bikes for the Leh Ladakh bike trip are:
Royal Enfield – Considered to be the simplest bike for the Leh Ladakh trip, it’s a strong bike with an engine of either 350 CC or 500 CC that’s enough to be a lifesaver on a Leh Ladakh bullet trip.
Royal Enfield Himalayan – With a robust engine of 400 CC, Royal Enfield Himalayan will make your ride smooth and hassle-free on any rugged trail and offbeat roads.
Bajaj Pulsar – far and away, no bike has been successful within the Indian market in comparison to Bajaj Pulsar. Being the foremost favored bike after the Bullets, Pulsar offers variants of 150CC, 200CC, and 220CC, either of which may be your trustworthy partner on any of the adventures.
KTM Duke – Being a featherweight bike is often advantageous on roads like that of Ladakh. With the series of latest engine variants of Duke 390, and Duke 250, KTM is often an honest choice for a motorcycle trip to Ladakh too.
CBR 250 – This bike from Honda is indeed a stunner apart from its Contigo tires which may be a touch tough to handle on Ladakh’s terrain just in case of a change in weather. On the brilliant side, if the tires are often replaced, one can put the bike’s torque and fi technology to great use, and a greater purpose.
Other top bikes for the Leh Ladakh trip that the association of motorcycle rentals have taken into consideration are Yamaha Fazer, Bajaj Vikrant, Yamaha FZ, and Hero Impulse. Though these bikes aren’t so heavy on the engine, they will surely devour some speed (without breaking any rules) on the go.
Leh Ladakh Bike Rentals
No bike. No worries. The bike rentals at Delhi and Manali are ever willing to supply you a ride on rent provided you submit all the specified documents. In Delhi, Karol Bagh is that the hub from where you’ll rent a motorcycle for INR 900 per day. All you’ve got to submit may be a valid photo id proof, your driver’s license, INR 10,000 because of the margin, and a consent letter from your parents just in case you’re still under 25, and you’re ready for the Leh Ladakh bike trip from Delhi.
In Manali, the per-day rent charges range from INR 1000 to INR 1800 whereas the safety deposit is between INR 12,000 to INR 18,000 alongside the first copy of valid ID proofs.
Other than this, you’ll also hire a mechanic to require the idea of daily wage for the whole duration of the Leh Ladakh bike trip. Also, don’t forget by mistake also to run the bike through a test ride and test its abilities beyond limits to get on a safer side during the bike trip.
Best Leh Ladakh Bike Tour Route
No bike. No worries. The bike rentals at Delhi and Manali are ever willing to supply you a ride on rent provided you submit all the specified documents. In Delhi, Karol Bagh is that the hub from where you’ll rent a motorcycle for INR 900 per day. All you’ve got to submit may be a valid photo id considering Delhi as a base for Leh Ladakh bike trip route, Srinagar to Leh, and Manali to Leh are the 2 main routes that provide the simplest road conditions and picturesque views. Srinagar to Leh route doesn’t overlap and forms an entire circle from end to finish. Leh Ladakh bike trip route from Manali encircles the rugged mountainous landscapes, offers better views, increases the extent of difficulty, and therefore the level of danger.
Route 1: Srinagar To Leh And Back
Route Map: Delhi → Jalandhar → Jammu → Srinagar → Kargil → Leh → Karu → Sarchu → Manali → Delhi
Distance Covered: Approximately 2,295 kilometers
Route 2: Manali To Leh And Back
Route Map: Delhi → Manali → Sarchu → Leh → Khardung La → Nubra Valley → Kargil → Srinagar → Delhi
Distance Covered: Approximately 2,569 kilometers
Route 3: Delhi To Leh And Back
Route Map: Delhi → Manali → Sarchu → Leh → Khardung La → Nubra Valley → Kargil → Srinagar → Delhi
Distance Covered: Approximately 2,022 kilometers
Basic Expenditure On Leh Ladakh Bike Tour
Here is a list of expenditure which will guide you thru a basic idea of the budget that you simply may expect from your Leh Ladakh bike trip:
Keeping petrol because the priority for a motorcycle trip, at a mean, you’ll be covering a distance of 3500 kilometers. Of all the bikes that are considered, the typical mileage is that of 35 kilometers per liter. this suggests that you’ll be needing somewhere around 100 liters of petrol that, you’ll roughly need an amount of INR 7000 to INR 8,000.
There are tons of budget hotels in Leh Ladakh wherein one can find easy accommodation options within the range of INR 500 to INR 2,500 per person, on a double sharing basis, and including taxes (as per booking.com).
Hence, the speed for a mean accommodation with the simplest of amenities, comfort, and ratings, can cost you INR 500 to INR 2,500 per night per person counting on whether you would like a budget hotel or luxury. Considering the lower limit, a 15-day trip will cost you a rough figure of INR 7,500 for accommodation. Let’s round it off to INR 8,000 per person.
Similarly, the value of food depends on the selection of the rider whether he or she prefers to erode a dhaba or a restaurant. Eating at a Dhaba may cost you INR 100 to INR 150 whereas dining at a traditional and a touch upbeat restaurant may cost you about INR 400 to INR 500 per person on your tour to Leh Ladakh. Considering the lower limit, you’ll be spending on the brink of INR 2,250 to INR 6,000 on meals. At a mean, you’ll keep INR 3,500 aside for meals.
It is a requirement to stay some amount of cash aside for emergency purposes, buying souvenirs, or for permits. Thus, an amount of INR 2,500 to INR 5,000 may be a must for each biker to spread it across the bags or pockets and reserve it as a backup.
Thus, considering all the lower limits, a mean that allows a 15-day Leh Ladakh bike trip would be INR 21,000 per person.
Please Note: We’re assuming you’ve got a motorcycle of your own because the budget doesn’t include the value of motorcycle rental. Hence, just in case you propose renting a motorcycle, the budget would exceed by a minimum of INR 13,500 to INR 15,000 per bike for a minimum of 15 days.
3 Places To Visit On Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
Wondering what all attractions to hide on your Leh Ladakh bike trip 2021? Plan your itinerary around these best places to go to in Ladakh.
1. Pangong Tso
Popularly referred to as the Pangong Tso Lake, this natural marvel set within the lap of Ladakh may be a must-visit tourist attraction on your Leh Ladakh bike trip. Located within the heart of the Himalayas, the lake stretches at a distance of about 134 kilometers offering scintillating views in sync with the country mountains. The lake is so gigantic that sixty percent of the lake’s length lies in China making it one of the most important lakes in Asia.
Famous for: Stunning location
2. Namgyal Tsemo Gompa
Much famed to be one among the famous monasteries in Leh Ladakh, Namgyal Tsemo Gompa or Namgyal Tsemo Monastery is found right within the heart of Leh district. it’s believed that Ladakh’s King Tashi Namgyal founded the monastery in 1430, which is home to the famous golden statue of Maitreya Buddha. you’ll even have a look at it from the highest of Leh Royal Palace. If you’re staying within the town of Leh, this is often one of the simplest places to go to nearby.
Famous for: Architectural marvel
3. Zanskar Valley
Hues of soothing blue and delightful brown can only be witnessed at the famous Zanskar Valley which is surrounded by the huge snow-clad peaks on all sides. One visit to the bustling Valley is certain to go away you charmed forever. In winters, the river gets frozen giving adventurers an opportunity to try to to the famous Chadar Trek where people beat the frozen ice for days.
Famous for: Picturesque location Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
3 Things To Do On Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
If you would like to urge high on adrenaline, these are a number of the exhilarating belongings you should consider doing on your Leh Ladakh bike trip.
1. Experience The Magic Of Nubra Valley
Serenity is what strikes one’s mind on reaching the renowned Nubra Valley. The valley is popularly referred to as “the valley of flowers” pertaining to the gorgeous and colorful blooming flowers that are worth a visit to the Nubra Valley. it’s one among the simplest found treasures of Ladakh that you simply must definitely visit on your bike trip to Leh Ladakh.
Famous for: Mesmerizing beauty
2. Find Solace At The Shanti Stupa
Perched atop a hill, the famous Shanti Stupa is about at an elevation of whooping 4267 meters. Offering panoramic views of Leh, it’s a requirement for the bikers to witness either sunrise or a shocking sunset from the Shanti Stupa. it’s one of the simplest places to seek out peace and tranquility. The stupa is blessed to be located amidst wondrous surroundings of nature. you’ll also find relics of old Buddhism culture inside the shrine. Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
Famous for: Tranquil ambiance
3. Test Your Riding Abilities At The Khardung La
Any biker who is planning a visit to Leh already has the ride to Khardung La on his list. Set at a heart-wrenching height of 18,379 ft. and located at a distance of about 40 kilometers from Leh, Khardung La Pass is one of the foremost dangerous motor-able roads in India. Challenging the bikers and therefore the drivers within the face, your Leh Ladakh bike trip is incomplete without experiencing a ride through the “Pass of Lower Castle”. this is often certainly one among the simplest places to go on a motorcycle trip to Ladakh.
Famous for: Height and its enthralling experiences
3 Must Experiences
Don’t say you’ve got visited Leh Ladakh unless you’ve got had these experiences on your bike trip. everyone visiting the region must strike these off their lists.
1. Royal Leh Palace
Considered to be a gem within the heart of Ladakh, the 17th-century royal Leh Palace was built by the famous King Sengge Namgyal. Standing tall at a height of about 9 stories, you’ll soak within the natural great thing about Leh’s whole town, Stok Kangri, Zanskar ranges, and Indus Valley from the roof of this elegant yet rugged palace. Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
2. Magnetic Hill
Feel the pull of nature and adventure at Magnetic Hill in Ladakh, sorcery of nature. Magic and Magnetic Hill go hand in hand. Encircled by the Sindhu river on all sides, Magnetic Hills rise to a height of about 14,000 ft. and possess a singular quiet magnetism that pulls the bikes and cars uphill. Sounds magical, isn’t it? Try it for yourself! Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
3. Drass Valley
Famous for its natural hot springs that are blessed with medicinal benefits, Drass Valley is found within the heart of Kargil district, Jammu & Kashmir. Renowned to be the coldest hill station in India, Drass Valley strikes an ideal balance between luxurious greens, soothing blues, and bold browns. The stark contrast of nature within the valley of Drass will make your jaw drop to the ground. Pay your homage to Indian soldiers at Kargil. Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
What To Pack
Going on a motorcycle trip is like hard-core backpacking through the roughest of mountains. it’s an adventure trip to Ladakh which needs packing to be light yet all the essential requirements got to be carried along. confine mind the below mentioned Leh Ladakh bike trip preparation while packing your stuff.
- An intelligent head on strong shoulders may be a matter of life and death for everybody. Hence, carry a sturdy helmet and put it to use all the time while you’re riding.
- Valid photo identity proofs and do not forget your driver’s license.
- One or two leather jackets are a requirement to glide through the wind and beat the breeze.
- Carry sweatshirts, tees, jeans, shorts, shirts, tracks, inner-wear, socks, towels, handkerchiefs, and other clothing items that you simply may feel necessary.
- Carrying an additional pair of sturdy trekking shoes or leather boots will keep you far away from timidity.
- Match your shoes with an additional pair of gloves.
- Riding goggles to guard your eyes.
- It is a requirement to hold a kit for yourself and a toolkit for your bike.
- You’ll be equipped with GPS needless to say on the other hand carry a physical map for better navigation and clear routes.
- Charger, power banks, Bluetooth headset, batteries for backup, etc. are few other necessities to hold.
- Keep a torch with you, albeit you think that you don’t need it. You never know when a requirement may arise.
- A good-quality camera would be a necessity too to capture the breathtaking landscapes.
- Carry a Swiss Army Knife for self-defense since traveling on a motorcycle increases the extent of danger automatically.
- Camping tents, cooking utensils, sleeping bags, and other camping equipment are often easily rented whereas one can carry them as per their level of comfort.
- Carry basic toiletries of a toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo sachets (to save a touch space and straightforward disposability), face wash, soap, moisturizer, cold creams, etc.
- Last but not the smallest amount, carry a lot of sunscreen with maximum SPF to guard your skin against direct sunlight.
Why Do A Leh Ladakh Bike Ride
Other than being an enthralling experience, a Leh Ladakh road trip is certainly getting to be the foremost memorable experience. you’ll get to ascertain Ladakh because it really is in its original flavor. Despite being on a motorcycle trip, you’ll also prefer to choose one of the foremost exquisite experiences i.e. camping in Leh. you’ll also prefer to occupy luxurious Ladakh resorts, hotels, homestays, and cottages. including the very fact that you simply can also choose safaris, adventure tours to explore this heavenly land.
Eligibility For Leh Ladakh Bike Trip
Planning a Leh Ladakh bike trip plan and unsure about where and the way to start? Here may be basic eligibility criteria for your trip. Be advised that it’s extremely important to travel through each and each criterion:
- You should be above 25 years aged with a legitimate driver’s license.
- We recommend that if you would like to travel on a Leh Ladakh road trip, then you ought to have already got some Nike riding experience, especially long bike tours.
- There should be a minimum of a gaggle of 6 people for your entire Leh Ladakh bike trip plan
- You must carry a legitimate driver’s license, government-issued photo ID proof, address proof, and photocopies of those documents.
- International tourists must carry a world Driving Permit (IDP) issued by their home country alongside their passport.
- Indian nationals do require an Inner Line Permit or ILP just in case you would like to go to the protected areas in Ladakh.
- Other special permits are required by foreign nationals so as to go to Pangong Lake, Tso Moriri, etc.
Tips For Leh Ladakh Bike Trip Preparation
It is believed that rules are meant to be broken and a few of you’ll get the sensation of “your life, your rules” on the other hand it’s not in the least advised to travel on a motorcycle trip with a wrong attitude.
- Breaking the principles on one among the foremost dangerous and highest motorable roads is often dangerous as death itself. Hence, for your own sake and safety, abide by the principles and follow them wisely.
- If you’re taking the route of Manali to Leh, it’s recommended to hold extra jars of petrol aside from the full tanks as there are only two petrol pumps on this route. On the contrary, the route from Srinagar to Leh has many petrol pumps.
- It is advisable that you simply find out how to vary a motorcycle tire just in case your bike suffers any punctures. For the remainder of the days, one can find many mechanics along the way on both routes.
- Carry necessary medicines with you just in case you, your partner, or your friends with whom you’re traveling suffer from hypoxia.
- It is important to notice that Leh only has connectivity from the leading operators of Airtel, BSNL, & Aircel. Riders who don’t have these connections don’t have the other choice aside from standing within the long queues of overcrowded STD booths or getting a connection from one among the above-mentioned operators.
- Though there are several ATMs at Leh, carry enough cash with you because the ATM you’ll find on Manali to Leh route is at Keylong.
- Applying for an Inner Line Permit will only cost you INR 200 and can offer you access to foreign places like Tso Moriri, Chushul, Merak, Loma, Mahe, Hanle, and more. One can apply and obtain this permit from the Deputy Commissioner’s office in Leh from 9 am to three pm.