Now that you have made it through one of the biggest days of a couple’s life, the adventure begins. You are finally married now. But before that journey begins, you will be presented with the ultimate vacation of your life – your honeymoon.
You should not have to deal with any stress on your honeymoon. So, we have carefully picked the best places to visit in December in India for your picture-perfect vacation.
Be it a vacation to a tropical paradise or a cozy hill station, your honeymoon is your first celebration of love, and it should be phenomenal.
Best Winter Honeymoon Destinations in India in 2020:
1. Gulmarg, Jammu, and Kashmir
Encounter the Meadow of Flowers like the main leads of a romantic Bollywood movie at this winter destination in India. Lay in the flower fields and have a sweet conversation with your beloved. Sing songs or stroll through this beautiful hill station. The serene surroundings, snow-capped mountains, and spectacular scenery of Gulmarg will enhance your romance. Whether you seek calm or adventure, Gulmarg has a lot to offer. The beauty of Gulmarg is not justified through pictures, so plan your honeymoon to experience the charm of Gulmarg.
- Take a Gondola ride to Kongdori
- Admire the scenic views from Apharwat Peak
- Experience snowboarding and skiing together
- Dine-in for a romantic date
- Have nature walks amidst serene surroundings
- Enjoy a pony ride at Alpathar Lake
The best months to visit: January and February
2. Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Splash waters and celebrate your newly married life at this slice of paradise. Andaman and Nicobar Islands are nature’s bliss with clear turquoise waters, stunning coral reefs, and spotless beaches. Put your busy life aside for some time and spend quality time with your partner. The islands provide pleasant weather in winter, which will make your honeymoon trip more exciting. This tropical paradise is sure to fill your hearts with love and romance.
- Take deep sea diving
- Have a romantic candlelight dinner on the cruise
- Walk hand in hand on the beach
- Enjoy a glass-bottom boat ride
- Catch sunsets together
- De-stress with a couples massage
- Trek to Secret Beach in Havelock
3. Munnar, Kerala
Emerald surroundings, rich culture, delicious food, and serene backwaters put Munnar on the list of good places to visit for a honeymoon in winters. Take your better half on a ride to God’s Own Country. If you are looking for something more than cold weather, huge mountains, and snow; plan a visit to Munnar. The pleasant weather will put you in a good mood for a remarkable honeymoon.
- Enjoy a morning walk in tea gardens
- Have a romantic dinner
- Adventure seekers try Meesapulimala Trek
- Stay at a resort with mesmerizing views
- Call your partner’s name at Echo Point
- Have fun at Chinnakanal waterfalls
4. Jaipur, Rajasthan
Enhance your Shudh Desi Romance in the royal city of Jaipur. This city will cast a spell on you and make you fall in love again. Its rich heritage, art, tradition, and monuments will take you on a beautiful ride. The grand monuments in Jaipur will transport you to the times of the Maharajas. Jaipur offers a lot of activities for couples that make it one of the best winter honeymoon destinations in Rajasthan.
- Enjoy romantic dinner on the royal palace’s terrace
- Lazy walks in the Sisodia Rani Garden
- Witness spectacular views from Nahargarh Fort
- Relive Jaipur’s history at Jaigarh Fort
- Spend quality time at Jawahar Circle Garden
5. Manali, Himachal Pradesh
How can Manali not be on this list? Snow-clad peaks, fluffy snow, cold weather, and delicious warm food make Manali a couple’s favorite. No wonder, it is among the best destinations in December in India for a love trip. Escape to Manali to spend time in privacy away from the hustle-bustle of cities. Bundle up into the coziness and make the most of your honeymoon in Manali. If you love adventure, indulge in adventure sports like skiing, snowboarding, paragliding, etc. Do not forget to take lovely pictures together with a mesmerizing backdrop of snow-covered mountains.
- Have a hot spring bath
- Spend time at Pandoh dam
- Find inner peace at a monastery
- Have a snow fight at Rohtang Pass
- Lie in the lush meadows of Solang
- Shop your heart at Mall Road
- Try paragliding
- Seek blessings at Hadimba temple
6. Gangtok, Sikkim
Tucked in the lap of the Himalayas, Gangtok offers surreal spectacles that you cannot refuse. From staying at stunning hilltop hotels to sitting by the serene lakes and gushing waterfalls, there are plenty of romantic things to enjoy. Spend time together in the calming atmosphere and explore the city’s attractions.
- Witness Gangtok through the cable car ride.
- Experience Yak safari amidst mountains.
- Fly high with paragliding.
- Indulge in local cuisine.
- Witness sunset at Tashi View Point.
- Embrace the peace at Tsuk La Khang Monastery.
- Take a walk through Hanuman Tok.
A lovey-dovey Goan holiday is probably every newlywed’s dream. Relaxing on the beach with your favorite drink, having deep romantic conversations by sparkling sands and ocean water sounds like a perfect plan. Goa is dotted with gorgeous beaches, historical monuments, ravishing nightlife, and lively nightclubs. All this makes it one of the best honeymoon places to visit in December in India.
The Chapora Fort, Grand Island, Butterfly Beach, and Dudhsagar Waterfalls are some of the famous places to explore together. The pleasant weather in winter will make it even more fun to go on an adventure in this beach haven.
- Camp and enjoy a romantic bonfire
- Stroll hand-in-hand on the beach
- Walk amidst historical churches at Old Goa
- Enjoy a couple’s massage
- Stay in a beautiful beach shack
- Try water sports together
- Dine-in Goa’s best restaurants
The best months to visit: November to February
8. Ooty, Tamil Nadu
The old world colonial charm, fresh weather, tranquil surroundings, and delicious South Indian delicacies make Ooty one of the beautiful places to visit for a honeymoon in winter. Hold each other’s hand and take a romantic stroll through this beautiful hill station. You will be spoilt for choices when it comes to places to visit in Ooty like botanical gardens, breathtaking waterfalls, scenic peaks, national parks, and much more that ensure a memorable honeymoon. So, plan your honeymoon to experience the beauty of Queen Of Hill Stations.
Here are some of the best things to do in Ooty with your beloved-
- Enjoy Nilgiri Mountain railway ride.
- Cherish the scenic views from Doddabetta Peak.
- Explore the Ooty Botanical Garden.
- Enjoy nature walks amidst serene surroundings.
- Enjoy boating at Ooty Lake.
The best months to visit Ooty: October to February
A honeymoon is an exceptional time where you hop on an adventure together. There are no worries, lots of cuddles, private quality time, and just both of you. Rekindle that love and express how important you are to each other. Plan a honeymoon to one of these love-filled honeymoon destinations to visit in December in India and let the magic of love happen.