Best Things to do in Jaipur
Jaipur is that the ultimate holiday destination if you’re up for a lavish dose of imperial grandeur and architectural opulence. Sitting on the sting of the Thar Desert and fringed by the Aravalli Hills, the town offers a fantastic choice of activities for those seeking an immersive experience of Rajasthan’s rich heritage, history, and culture. And it goes without saying that the nice and cozy hospitality extended by the hotels in Jaipur will make your experience memorable.
1. Visit Amber Fort in Jaipur
Located on a rocky hill, the long-lasting Amber Fort will entice you with its sheer size and majestic architecture. to form the experience even more spectacular, take an elephant ride up the cobblestoned path that results in the fort gate. Another interesting thing to try to do is to observe the sunshine and sound show held here every evening that brings alive the history of the fort in a tremendous manner.
- Location: Amer, Jaipur
- Fort Timings: 9:00 am to 6:00 pm
- Light and Sound Show Timings: 7:30 pm (English), 8:00 pm (Hindi)
2. Trek or Cycle Your Way to Nahargarh Fort, Jaipur
Want to enjoy stunning views of Jaipur from a vantage location? Then Nahargarh Fort is where you need to be. placed on your sports shoes and fire up your adventurous spirit as you start a trekking or cycling expedition to the grand fort. Time your fort visit such you’ll enjoy the magical sunset views of the town, bathed in hues of orange.
- Location: Brahampuri, Jaipur
- Timings: 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
3. Soak in the Opulence of City Palace, Jaipur
Built-in the 18th century, the town Palace is not any but an excellent work of art. a neighborhood of the luxurious structure is the residence of Jaipur’s royalty even today. With its sprawling courtyards, gardens, temples, halls, and entrance gates, the palace may be a treasure to explore. It also houses the Maharaja Sawai Man Singh II Museum, where you’ll see the royal garments worn by the erstwhile kings of Jaipur.
- Timings: 9:30 am to 5:00 pm
4. Explore the Timeless Charm of Hawa Mahal, Jaipur
The most famous landmark of Jaipur, Hawa Mahal features a lattice of 953 small windows and resembles a honeycombed hive. it had been designed for the royal ladies to observe lifestyles and festivals celebrated outside on the streets without being seen by the general public. Plan an early morning visit to enjoy the palace within the double gold of the morning light.
- Timings: 9:00 am to 4:30 pm; every day
5. Discover the Ancient World of Astronomy at Jantar Mantar, Jaipur
If astronomy fascinates you, Jantar Mantar must get on your list of things to try to do in Jaipur. This ancient astronomical observatory is where you’ll discover how people determined time using sundials. It also features eighteen other architectural astronomical instruments that were used for various purposes, including forecasting of sunrise and sunset times, discovering the situation of pole stars vis-a-vis other celestial bodies, etc.
- Location: Kanwar Nagar, Jaipur
- Timings: 9:30 am to 4:30 pm
6. Capture the Splendid View of Jal Mahal, Jaipur
There’s little question that the Jal Mahal is an archaeological wonder. inbuilt the center of the person Sagar Lake, four of its five stories remain submerged in the water, while the highest story seems to be floating on the lake’s surface. Entry to the palace is restricted, but you’ll take a ship ride to enjoy an in-depth view of this stunning structure.
- Location: Amer, Jaipur
7. Step Back in Time at the Albert Hall Museum, Jaipur
The palaces and forts aren’t the sole historical places in and around Jaipur. Step into the famous Albert Hall Museum to witness the land’s rich heritage and history through a treasure trove of artifacts. Among the most attractions of this museum is touted because the oldest museum in Rajasthan is an Egyptian Mummy.
- Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm and 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm
8. Go Click-happy at Jaipur Wax Museum, Jaipur
Fancy clicking selfies with celebrities? Head over to the Jaipur Wax Museum that houses lifelike wax statues of celebrities and famous personalities, including Amitabh Bachchan, Sachin Tendulkar, Deepika Padukone, et al. . Among the highlights of this museum is that the Sheesh Mahal, an intricately designed hall featuring mirror inlays everywhere.
- Location: Amer Road, Jaipur
- Timings: 10:00 am to 6:30 pm
9. Pay a Visit to the Dolls Museum, Jaipur
The Dolls Museum in Jaipur may be a wonderland where you’ll find dolls of all shapes and sizes, wearing ethnic outfits, bridal finery, dance attire, and even traditional dresses of varied countries. If you’re traveling with kids, a visit to the present museum is one of the simplest things to try to do in Jaipur.
- Timings: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
10. Stroll through Sisodia Rani Ka Bagh, Jaipur
An exquisitely designed garden, Sisodia Rani Ka Bagh may be a beautiful reminder of the romance of Maharaja Sawai Jai Singh II and his second wife, Rani Sisodia Jai Singh. Take a stroll through this enticing multi-level garden that counts among the highest places to go to in Jaipur for couples and offers the right location for a few Insta-worthy clicks.
- Location: Lal Dungri, Jaipur
- Timings: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
11. Spend a Day at the Jaipur Zoo, Jaipur
Lush greenery, tranquil surroundings, and an upscale composition of wildlife species, of these and more, make the Jaipur Zoo one among the fascinating places to go to in Jaipur in two days. a visit to the zoo will allow you to spend some time amidst nature and her wonderful creations.
- Location: Kailash Puri, Jaipur
- Timings: 8:30 am to 5:30 pm (March to October)
9:00 am to 5:00 pm (November to February)
Closed on Tuesdays
12. Relish Rajasthani flavors at Chokhi Dhani, Jaipur
Chokhi Dhani is an ethnic village-themed resort where you’ll experience a slice of Rajasthan’s rural lifestyle and culture, replete with folk dances, puppet shows, arts and crafts, music, and more. The icing on the cake is that the host of authentic Rajasthani delicacies served here are a must-try.
- Location: Tonk Road, Sitapur, Jaipur
- Timings: 5:00 pm to 11:00 pm
13. Watch a Movie at Raj Mandir Cinema, Jaipur
Established in 1976, Raj Mandir has become one of the favored symbols of the city’s entertainment culture. remove a while to observe a movie at this meringue-shaped cinema complex that gives a tremendous movie viewing experience to its audience.
- Timings and Cost: Varies based on movies
14. Treat Yourself to the Best of Rajasthani Cuisine in Jaipur
Thanks to its rich culinary tradition, Jaipur may be a foodie’s delight. once you are during this gastronomic heaven, how are you able to not enjoy lip-smacking authentic Rajasthani fare? Here are a number of the simplest restaurants in Jaipur where you’ll indulge your taste buds:
- Location: Amer Palace
- Timings: 12:00 am to 10:30 pm
15. Fly High up in a Hot Air Balloon near Jal Mahal, Jaipur
Jaipur is the maximum amount about history and culture as it’s about adventure. Flying high during a hot air balloon is one of the fun things to try to do in Jaipur that you simply must not miss out on. Just imagine enjoying the spectacular landscape of Jaipur and getting a tremendous view of the forts and palaces from the highest. Sounds exciting, doesn’t it?
- Location: Near Jal Mahal, Jaipur
- Timings: 6:00 am to 9:00 am and 4:00 pm to 7:00 pm
16. Click Amazing Shots at Panna Meena Ka Kund, Jaipur
Tucked far away from the bustling destinations of Jaipur, Panna Meena ka Kund is an ancient step-well cum civic center, beautified with octagonal gazebos and a criss-cross flight of stairs. If you would like that perfect photo in Jaipur minus the gang, you now know where to go!
- Location: Amer
- Timings: 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
17. Watch a Puppet Show, Jaipur
Traditional puppet shows locally referred to as Kathputli, are an integral part of Rajasthan’s culture. the colorful puppets and their wonderful stories are bound to lead you away to a land of fantasies. it’s an activity that will keep you and your kids engaged and enthralled. The show held in Amber Fort is that the hottest one, but you’ll also choose shows conducted by private organizers.
18. Enjoy Jaipur’s Nightlife, Jaipur
Jaipur, the cultural hub of Rajasthan, boasts of a buzzing nightlife. because of a plethora of pubs and nightclubs in Jaipur, you won’t be in need of options to eat, drink, and party after sundown. Our suggestions include:
- Jaipur Bar Stock Exchange (Grand Uniara)
- Henry’s The Pub (C Scheme)
- 100% Rock (C Scheme)
- Blackout (C Scheme)
- Lounge 18 (Tonk Road)
Jaipur is more of an experience than a destination. and every time you experience the town, you’ll return richer in wonderful memories. So, let the romance with Jaipur begin directly.