Kuari Pass Trek Highlights
- Experience altitude of 12,516 ft and views of the mighty Dronagiri, Chitrakantha, Chaukhamba and Tali top
- Capture the breathtaking scenic views of India’s second-highest peak – the Nanda Devi
- Witness the guided trekking to a plantation hilltop and capture the alluring beauty of nature
- Through the trail you can simply treat your eyes on the spectacular views of Bhagirathi and Alaknanda rivers in their glory.
- ‘The trek passes through the thick alpine forests of oak and conifer, Rhododendron and birch, teeming with a variety of animals like leopard pugmarks or a Himalayan black bear and birds life
Kuari Pass Trek Overview
September : 18,19,25,26
October : 2,3,9,7,16,17,23,24,30,31
November : 6,7,13,14
Kuari Pass Trek Starting and Ending Point: The trek starts and ends at Joshimath
With a visit to popular pilgrim cities such as Rishikesh, Devprayag, Joshimath, and Haridwar, the Kuari pass trek, situated in Garhwal Himalaya is a 33 KM long journey. The trek is famous for letting you onlook India’s second-highest peak, Mount Nanda Devi. The trek at an altitude of 12,516 ft. also offers you summit views of Dronagiri, Chitrakantha, Chaukhamba, and Tali top. The Interlude of meadows, beautiful forests blooming with rhododendron, and oak trees make your path all the more scenic. While on the trek, you can also admire the mesmerizing views of holy rivers such as Bhagirathi and Alakananda which makes the ascent even more exciting.
Kuari PassTemperature: Day: 13°C to 18°C and Night: -3°C to 4°C
Kuari Pass Trekking Distance: 33 km
Kuari Pass Altitude: 12,516 ft
Difficulty Level: Easy To Moderate
Best time to visit: March till mid-June & mid-September to early November
Railway Station: Haridwar is the nearest railway station
Airport: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun
ATM: Last ATM is available in Joshimath
- All veg meals from day 1st dinner to till day 6th breakfast
- 03 Nights Tented Accommodation on triple sharing basis.
- 02 nights Guest House / Hotel in Joshimath / Govindghat on triple sharing basis.
- Morning, evening Tea/Coffee with light snacks.
- All necessary fees and permits for Indians.
- Qualified and experienced Trek Guide and support staff.
- All camping gears complying with International standards
- Basic First Aid Medical Kits.
More Details about Kuari Pass Trek
Know Before You Go for Kuari Pass Trek
- Climatic conditions in the high altitudes vary from the plains; take adequate time to get acclimatized to high altitudes.
- The management reserves all the right to modify the trek during any emergencies or natural calamities.
- Consult a physician before undertaking the trek. Carry basic medications and a first-aid kit during the trek.
- It is recommended to carry enough warm clothes and the right kind of shoes for the trek
- Pay heed to the trek guides and instructors in order to enjoy a safe and sound trek.
- Avoid consumption of alcohol or any other intoxicants during the trek.
- The trek takes place through an eco-friendly zone; do not encourage littering the local sites or campsites. Travelers littering may be fined.
- Water is very precious, so conservation is appreciated.
- Do not encourage trekking during the night unless it is a part of the itinerary and a guide is with you; this might lead to unforeseen mishaps.
- Avoid using earphones during the trek; this might hinder your audibility.
- Avoid using plastic bags and maintain the ecological balance of the destinations.
- In case, the trek needs to be canceled, the authorities should be informed beforehand.
- Guidelines issued by the State-Government are to be followed. Social distancing to be maintained. Frequent hand sanitization and use of mask recommended.
- Please provide a valid ID at the time of check-in.
- The exact location will be shared with you post-booking.
- Professional guide(s) are available to ensure high safety and more information and personal attention which are necessary to appreciate a trek.
- Neat and clean vehicle for the journey with experienced driver especially for hilly terrains available.
- All the activities depend upon the weather.
- Camping is very basic in nature. One must not expect luxuries. Electricity may be available only at a few locations.
- Mobile & laptop charging points may/may not be available on campsites at a common point.
- Any personal expenses, items of personal nature, meals not mentioned, etc. will not be in part of the package.
- Carry dry snacks/food from home (you will save a lot of money). Carry water bottles with you, so that you can refill.
- Keep your luggage minimum; the more you carry, the more you hassle.
- Children below the age of 7 years are not recommended for this trek.
Things To Carry for Kuari Pass Trek
- Back pack (50-60l)
- Extra pair of socks
- Fleece jackets and thermals
- Hiking shoes
- Thermal inners